Role is dependent on your background and experience. You will research, monitor and report on regulatory activity in assigned states to support major corporations and trade associations in their state lobbying and government relations efforts. This position requires strict attention to detail and superior writing skills. Extensive training provides staff with the issue, client and state knowledge needed to perform optimally. Standards of performance are very high: you will be expected to analyze complex regulation and quickly compose concise summaries following precise writing standards. Opportunities for advancement in Stateside’s growing firm are strong.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Communicate with state regulatory staff, review state registers and review online resources.
- Analyze, summarize, and report on state regulatory activity.
- Uphold positive working relationships internally and with clients, regulatory staff and allied organizations.
- Provide timely and appropriate response to all communication, specifically email and telephone inquiries.
- Maintain working knowledge of state regulatory processes and resources, client information and policy trends.
- Research specific regulatory compliance requirements in support of client government affairs programs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate or Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications or related field
- An ability to understand, analyze and summarize complex regulatory issues in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with state regulatory processes and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical research skills. Research will involve phone interviews and internet research.
- Self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent responsibilities.
If you are qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include RA203Q in subject line. This information is required for consideration. No Phone Calls, Faxes or Agencies please.
Stateside Associates is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or protected Veteran status.