Want to advance your career in the state and local government affairs world? You have come to the right place. See what it is like to be a part of the industry-leading government relations firm and how you can help continue to lead the way!
Stateside Makes the Difference - That Starts with You!
Here at Stateside, we're constantly looking for changemakers with unique skill sets and diverse perspectives. Our team of professionals is what sets us apart and the key to our client's success. This is your opportunity to work alongside the nation's top companies and organizations to shape public policy at the state and local levels. Your expertise and experience will provide a fresh perspective in helping them across every area of state and local government affairs
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position you will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor state legislative websites to track selected legislation as it moves through the legislative process.
- Inform clients of relevant action on prioritized legislation of interest in a proprietary database.
- Work quickly and accurately with the ability to remain focused during repetitious work.
- Research and report on state legislative processes including legislation deadlines and unique rules related to session.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired.
- In lieu of degree, professional experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Part-time flexible shifts available.
- Information sessions and training will be provided if you are selected.
Life at Stateside
Stateside is full of fascinating people who are passionate about what they do. You'll fit right in! Get a feel for what it's like working at Stateside:
- Our Location: We are located in the stunning commercial district of Rosslyn in Arlington, Virginia. It's a diverse neighborhood that offers a lively bar scene, fine dining, retail, green spaces, public art, and unparalleled views of D.C. and the Potomac River. The Rosslyn metro also has access to the orange, blue, and silver lines.
- Our Clients: Our client partners include Fortune 500 corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and nonprofits. Some of our clients you may recognize are eBay, FedEx, Delta Airlines, and NBC Comcast.
- Our Career Approach: This is not just a job. We're focused on providing training and feedback to help you grow in your role and, more importantly, your career.
- Our Collaboration: Idea-sharing is the cornerstone of what we do. We offer a tight-knit team structure, with a commitment of five teammates per client. Everyone is encouraged to submit ideas and collaborate on ways we can better serve clients.
- Our Culture: We embrace diversity to drive innovation and growth. We cultivate an environment where people with diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions can come together and develop winning strategies for our clients.
- Our Perks: For you to do great work, you need great support. That’s why we work hard to make sure you have the flexibility and resources to be the best ‘you’ in and out of work. Our team enjoys perks such as:
- Frequent Team-Building and Social Activities
- Paid Holidays
- Metro Reimbursement
- Office snacks and refreshments
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let’s Get to Know You
We’d love to get to know you. Apply now!