Stateside is the industry-leading government relations firm. Based in DC, but our expertise encompasses all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Client partners include corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and non-profits. Our team of professionals includes experienced government relations consultants, issue managers, former state legislative staff members, and regulatory attorneys. We are committed to developing strategies that help our client’s team succeed across every area of state and local government affairs.
- Review legislation from state legislatures (up to 200 bills per day) to determine if client issues are affected.
- Identify and categorize relevant legislation in a database.
- Assign legislation to a Legislative Policy Analyst for appropriate summarization.
- Oversee Legislative Policy Analyst’s work product.
- Manage frequent client inquiries on legislative matters.
- Monitor legislative hearings.
- Serve as a company resource on issue topics related to subject matter area.
- Identify and present trends and changes in state policies for existing and potential clients.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Work quickly and accurately with the ability to remain focused during repetitive work.
- Work collaboratively and regularly attend in-person meetings.
- Office hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM but extended work hours will be required to meet client demands, especially during the months of December through April.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a Fulltime Exempt Position. No travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in a diverse political culture.
- Humor, initiative, and openness to evolving responsibility.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to quickly synthesize information.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.